Saturday, December 12, 2009

The Dance

My heartbeat quickens as you enter the room.
Tawny hair frames your face and caresses your shoulders.
Eyes...green as olives with a blush of gold...smile
at me as they peer...seductively.
I wonder what they see?“Am I still dressed?” I muse.
You smile...
happy as I lead you to the center of the dance floor
... we listen to the beat of the music ... let it move us.
Lovers surround us as we swirl and sway...
eyes fixed on each other...
each motion our own
but moving together to the cadence of the pounding beat.
Jungle drums pound in our head
and add a hunger to the moves we make.
Your eyes sparkle like starlight as you move
...closer...closer...until we almost touch...
so closeI smell your skin and feel the heat of your breath
on my neck as we dance.
The music surrounds us we move to our own syncopated beat.
We close our eyes and feel the motion around us.
Our fingers intertwine..
we look at each other...Our bodies touch...
creating a thousand sparks
that electrify...but no one sees.
Our arms encircle each other and
we press in as our bodies undulate...
dancing to the pounding of our hearts!
We stop...motionless...as revelers
swirl around us in a blur, then fade to black.
The din of the room is faint in our ears
as I stoop and taste your lips;
they gleam and taste like fresh-picked strawberries.
I feel their softness with my own.
We’re swept away on the rapture of our kiss...
enrapt in the sparkles of the disco ball. DT

No comments:

Post a Comment