Thursday, December 31, 2009

Trust... a request

I look at emerald eyes
that peer at me
seemingly from inside a box
with but one square through which
you see the world.
What is it you see in me that has brought you to my door?
You have knocked a soulful knock
and I have opened.
Will you come in?
There is a kinship of hearts that I sense
a commonality that is so uncommon
among the common.
There is a depth of you that only your eyes reveal
a burning spirit that you keep hidden...
shuttered from any and all...
able, but unwillingto trust so soon.
You trusted once;
you threw open the shutters of your heart
and greeted...
yea,...embraced love......
without reserve......
held nothing back......
put it all on the line...
leapt from the brink of all you know
into the unknown,
knowing he who loved would also catch
but he stepped out of the way at the very last moment
and you were crushed
upon the rocks of broken promises.
Yes...you have healed...you are intact...
but not whole...
a shadow of what you once were
because you cannot trust.
Your sun of youthful innocence is hidden
behind the clouds of self-doubt and skepticism.
I didn’t know you then
but I have been hurt more than you know.
I understand...
everything you have felt
and are feeling now.
I see you now and feel I want to tell you
...everything. Do you feel the same?
Is that why you’re here?
Are you ready to trust again?
or is there something else...
you wanted to say?
dtsb 09

No comments:

Post a Comment