Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Assumptions....

The Poet
I read her poetry today
it touched me deep within
I read and words rolled off my tongue
I tried to take them in

I read again...was more impressed
her style was all her own
for no two people write alike
unique nuances hone

I read another posting there
another written view
another seed producing fruit
perspective fresh and new

you cannot write of love and life
make your opinions known
without revealing precious truth
of qualities you own

a worthy work, commented I
a masterpiece...the rage
your gorgeous words mellifluous
my eyes read down the page

I think you’re quite remarkable
your words show that to me
passion oozed from every line
your ardor there to see

not just for me...for all who read
we read from start to end
you touch our hearts, our heads, our souls
we wish it’d never end

like a guitar, with words you strum
a chord serene and sweet
you take me to that place in me
where earth and heaven meet

you send your finely crafted thoughts
they to my heart imbue
a never-ending state of grace
that’s been long overdue

I’d love to know the woman who
helps me her world to see
through every word she ably writes
reveals herself to me

perhaps we’ll meet one future day...
your world and mine collide
we’ll show each other who we are;
we’ll take a peek inside
dtb
I believe you wrote this for me!

2 comments:

  1. Did I now? How do you know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be more accurate to say I wrote this FOR you

    ReplyDelete