Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Real Me


So you stand there looking at me…
From what I can tell you like what you see
But I wonder if you could see with in…
Would it wipe from your face that shallow grin

If you could see beyond green eyes …
beyond the voices, beyond the lies
Into the deepest realms of my soul
Would you onto the fire heap mounds of coal

Or would you pretend to be someone you’re not
Opening the door… picking the lock…
Leading me on… the perfect one…
Till the ropes on my heart were all undone

When finally secrets of my being …all exposed
would you stare in wonder behind that door I closed
Or would you turn away with a shrug and sneer
as the depths of green eyes began to tear
or
Would you gather me to your warm embrace
Caressing drops of fear from my face
Would you ponder in wonderment all that you see
When you take the time to find… The real me -
- GEL Feb 11, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment